These days, airplane travel is both complicated and uncomfortable. But if you endure the travel, the destination can be great. Here are some destinations that won’t force you into quarantines by foreign governments, and all of them have the added bonus of being senior-friendly:
* Key West. A sunny, dreamy locale with lots of comfy places and things to do. Check out airbnb.com, where you can rent a boat, a little house (dogs allowed!), or even stay in someone’s guest house on the beach, all under $150 per night. Share expenses!
* Alaska. A cruise, of course. Some cruise lines will be back in operation in May 2021. A fantastic way to relax on a voyage while sighting whales and other animals. Travel with vaccination cards. Expect virus tests. If the virus is detected, they will cancel the cruise.
* Williamsburg, VA. Perfect for history and genealogy buffs. Shops, museums and colonial houses are open for visits, and period characters roam the area.
* Yellowstone tour companies offer customized vacations for both singles and couples. Packages are ideal for a senior who wants to see Yellowstone’s Old Faithful and the Grand Canyon from the comfort of a coach vehicle.
* All-inclusive adults-only resort. Choose your location! The Caribbean, Mexico, Jamaica — all offer all-inclusive packages with senior friendly activities, pools, oceans and great climate.