Forget splashy goals that you forget about by February (or sooner). Here are some simple resolutions that may not seem like much, but can create lasting change in 2023 and beyond.
* Ditch the snooze button. Set your alarm for when you’ll really get up, or choose a sound that’s impossible to ignore if you actually need to get up earlier.
* Be on time. Perfection isn’t realistic, but leaving a few minutes earlier each morning can be a good way to start the day.
* Floss. Your dentist can always tell when you’re lying about it.
* Send handwritten thank-you notes. They’re more thoughtful than text messages.
* Drink more water. Most adults fall short of the recommended eight to 10 glasses a day.
* Practice gratitude. Think of something you’re thankful for each day.
* Use spare minutes to tidy the house. Wipe down your counters or grab clothes from the dryer during commercial breaks or those five minute stretches between Zoom meetings. It adds up!
* Stand up at least once an hour. Set an alarm if you need to and take a lap around the office or do a few quick stretches next to your desk.
* Give yourself a little grace when you stumble. Remember that progress isn’t linear — it’s a lifelong journey.