Carbon monoxide can kill quickly


Every year hundreds of North Americans die from carbon monoxide poisoning. It usually happens while they sleep.

Carbon monoxide is an odorless, invisible gas. It binds to the hemoglobin in blood, which carries oxygen throughout the body. If you have a certain amount of it in your system, even if you’re surrounded by oxygen, you will feel as though you are suffocating.

Neurologists at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston say a high level exposure to carbon monoxide can kill almost immediately. Minimal exposure causes headaches, dizziness, nausea, and sleepiness, which appear within days after exposure.

A faulty heating system is usually the source of the carbon monoxide.


Speak Your Mind

*